At Paul Robinson Solicitors LLP we offer an initial one hour meeting free of charge and have a specialist Children Department who are experts in dealing with children matters and who are here to assist. Our expertise is endorsed by the Law Society’s Children Panel Membership and we have acted for parents, grandparents, step parents, children, Guardians appointed by the Court, Special Guardians, clients funded by the Local Authority, etc.

What is a Child Arrangements Order?

This is the latest legal term for a Court Order for what has previously been referred to as access/custody/contact or residence.

Often people ask for help in respect of “custody” to their children or “access” to their children, particularly when their marriage or relationship breaks down.  In those circumstances, putting children first and focusing on their needs can become difficult. 

The right of the child to maintain a relationship with both parents is recognised in law as being in the child’s best interest, unless to do so would place the child at risk. However, achieving this and working out exactly what’s best for each individual child is not always easy.

If you have problems with sorting out the arrangements for the children please contact us today – we can help.  We know family matters, and are here to help and advise, so as to achieve the best outcome for you and your children.

We can assist with Court applications, Court representation and Court documentation; and/ or with negotiations so that matters progress as smoothly as possible.