Taking children on holiday

There are various rules and regulations that need to be adhered to when looking to take children abroad and the main one is that, unless there is a “Residence” Order or a “live with” Child Arrangements Order in place, it may be necessary for you to have the written consent of your child’s other parent, in order for the child to travel with you.

Matters can become more complicated when the child has a different surname to you and, as common as this is, it is better for you to ensure that you have all the necessary documentation so that all of your party are able to travel and this may differ depending on country and airline.

If you would like further advice in this regard, please do not hesitate to contact our Miss Annette Lowen on alowen@paulrobinson.co.uk or 01702 338338, who is a Law Society accredited Children Panel Member, experienced in dealing with such issues. We offer a £120 (inclusive of VAT) fixed fee, up to an hour initial consultation.