Court of Protection Legal Advice | Court of Protection Legal Services | Paul Robinson Solicitors Skip to main content

Court of Protection

Unfortunately, not everybody has had the opportunity to prepare a Lasting Power of Attorney determining who is to deal with matters on their behalf should they lose capacity. Should a person lose mental capacity, a family member must make application to the Court of Protection to be appointed as that person’s Deputy.

A court order can be for either Property and Financial affairs or Health & Welfare.

The ideal candidate to make the application to the Court of Protection is a family member. However, there are other options available for those who may not be lucky enough to have family who are able to take up this role. A Professional Deputy can be appointed to act in these situations either through the Court or by an independent Solicitor. This is where we can help. Get in contact today.

  • Home
  • Who we are
  • Services
  • People
  • Community
  • News
  • Careers
  • Testimonials
  • Contact Us