Child Arrangement Solicitors


Essex: 01702 338338 or London: 020 8049 5888

Child Arrangement Orders

Separation can be a difficult time and particularly for any children. Parents must still be able to make appropriate arrangements for their children, whether it is in respect of where they will live (including dispute as to which Country they will live in), when and how they will spend time with each of their parents, the child’s education and other such important considerations. Where parents are not able to resolve such matters between them, we offer clear advice on the way forward.

We encourage an amicable resolution whether in taking forward proposals with one of the parents, in helping to formulate a parenting plan or in supporting forms of dispute resolution. However, where it is not possible for all arrangements to be amicably agreed, we have specialist knowledge and experience to pursue the best outcome through a formal application to the Family Court.

A Court application is for Child Arrangements Orders. These replaced the old style of “Residence” and “Contact” Orders (formerly known as “Custody” and “Access” Orders) and focus on where the child will live and when they will spend time with each of their parents.

The law does promote both parents having an important role to play in a child’s future life, irrespective of who left the relationship, or how the parent personally may feel about their former partner. The emphasis is very much the child, with their best interests being the Court’s paramount consideration. Unless there is a very good reason for the child not to spend time with one of the parents, ie. that the child will be at risk of significant harm from that parent, then the Court is to presume that involvement of that parent in the life of the child concerned will further the child’s welfare.

In the event you are currently facing difficulties with regard to the arrangements for your child(ren) then please do not hesitate to contact our specialist children department for child focused, sound advice for the best outcome for you and your child(ren).

How can we help you today?


What is a Child Arrangement Order?

A Child Arrangement Order is a court order that sets out the arrangements for the care of a child, including who the child will live with and when the child will spend time with each parent.

How do I apply for a Child Arrangement Order?

To apply for a Child Arrangement Order, you will need to complete a C100 application form and submit it to your local family court. You may also need to attend a Mediation Information and Assessment Meeting (MIAM) before applying.

What are the factors considered when making a Child Arrangement Order?

The court will consider the child’s best interests when making a Child Arrangement Order. This includes the child’s welfare, safety, and emotional and physical needs. The court will also consider the child’s relationship with each parent and any other relevant factors.

What happens if one parent does not comply with a Child Arrangement Order?

If one parent does not comply with a Child Arrangement Order, the other parent can apply to the court for enforcement. The court may take various actions to enforce the order, including fines or imprisonment.

Can a Child Arrangement Order be changed?

Yes, a Child Arrangement Order can be changed if there is a significant change in circumstances, such as a change in the child’s needs or the parents’ circumstances.

Can a Child Arrangement Order be made without the parents’ consent?

Yes, the court can make a Child Arrangement Order without the parents’ consent if it is in the best interests of the child.

Can grandparents apply for a Child Arrangement Order?

Yes, grandparents can apply for a Child Arrangement Order in certain circumstances, such as if they have a close relationship with the child and the parents are unable to care for the child.


“I have dealt with Paul Robinson since 2016 for two of my matters. Each time they have been professional, honest and always on hand when I needed them. I wouldn’t choose anyone else to deal with and admire their compassion and human approach with their clients.”



Located in the heart of London and Essex

Paul Robinson Solicitors is a thriving independent law firm committed to providing exceptional service to clients nationwide, with offices situated throughout London and Essex.

Established in 1983, the firm has steadily expanded over the past 35 years, offering an extensive range of legal services to both personal and commercial clients. The team of highly experienced and skilled solicitors specialises in various fields and is dedicated to providing an outstanding level of service to achieve positive outcomes for their clients. The firm’s cutting-edge technology and efficient systems, together with its support and managerial staff, ensure maximum efficiency, accuracy, and cost-effectiveness.


Our team are ready to take your call

imageCall Essex
01702 338338
imageEmail us
Open email
imageCall London
020 8049 5888