Our sports law team has advised clients on a wide range of legal issues across a variety of different sports. We have built a strong foundation based upon providing clients with a personal and engaging experience. Our clients include clubs, sponsors, federations, and individual athletes.
For sports organisations, associations and clubs, we work as part of your team to allow you to focus on achieving your objectives without the distraction of legal issues.
Areas of Specialism include:
- Regulatory governance, disciplinary and doping issues
- Insolvency and restructuring
- Reputation management
- Contract negotiations and commercial arrangements
- Sponsorship, merchandising, broadcasting and image rights
- Employment and commercial disputes
- Sports arbitration and mediation
- Event and facility management
- Property related matters, including disputes
- Club formation, structure and governance.
We are also able to draw on advice and support from colleagues in the firm who are experts in corporate, competition, employment, data protection and other areas of law.